Transformational transport infrastructure...
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about us, the projects we have worked on or any of our services, get in touch here.
We are the rail sector's leading consultancy and have been providing advice to the global rail market since 1979.
Since then, there have been many changes in the sector that have brought significant new challenges:
- Intercity passenger rail currently has a high profile in the US; with the availability of substantial funding from the federal government to create a national High-Speed Rail system. However, this funding needs to be prioritized to ensure the maximum return for its investment.
- Commuter rail systems, typically run by transit agencies, are facing budgetary pressures, growing debt service payments, aging infrastructure and passenger crowding.
- Freight railroad operators are recovering from reductions in carloads carried during the recession, but the outlook in this sector is still uncertain.
So, why us?
Steer Davies Gleave has a long record helping clients plan passenger rail projects all over the world. We strive to combine our international experience with local knowledge to provide insightful and innovative ideas.
Made up of planners, operations specialists, engineers, economists, designers, business strategists and finance analysts, researchers and modelers, our rail team doesn’t just provide solutions in silos – we specialize in integrating these disciplines to deliver the solutions that clients need.
What we can do for you
- Ridership & revenue forecasting
- Operations planning & costing
- Strategic planning
- Business case development and economic appraisal
- Financial modeling
- Route-finding and (pre-)feasibility studies
- Procurement advice, including bid preparation and evaluation
- Pricing & fares advice, including yield management strategies
- Station design and development
- Communications strategy & branding
- Public outreach & stakeholder engagement
For more information or to arrange an informal chat,
get in touch with us here
Steer Davies Gleave continues to support...
California is currently exploring...